PRODUCT INFORMATION IN DETAIL
Fommy Product Review:
Overview: RIM has been producing BlackBerry devices for 10 years now, and while many variations have come and gone, all the way from the humble pager to the now common and ever growing smartphone platform, they have always needed protection and RIM frequently is the one who provides it, whether it comes bundled or sold separately. While the popularity of leather cases has weaned a bit since the BlackBerry’s conception, Skin cases are still booming and provide excellent protection without much bulk or cost.
Durability: The silicone of this skin case quite thin and lightweight, but this has one small drawback: its fairly stretchy. Its quite elastic and easy to stretch and could lead to tearing if pulled on hard enough, but you would have to stretch it over half its size again before it begins to suffer significant straining. Even so, it snaps back very nicely to its original shape even after significant stretches. And in addition the flexibility helps dissipate damage to the skin, preventing scrapes and cuts that may render if unsightly and eventually unusable. It showed no sign of damage after scratching it with my fingernails, rubbing keys across it, and even after running a pair of sharp scissors lightly across the surface.
Design/Functionality: This silicone skin is actually rather slippery, but it has an odd helper, the logo. Typically logos are just for show, but the carved in logo actually helps to give a better grip on the case/phone as well as giving it a very official look.
It’s extremely well molded to the BlackBerry’s design, especially around the face of the device. But the design could use a bit more work. Even though the silicone case is very thin, it still makes it so you have to push on the buttons from directly above them; which can make it difficult if you are used to rubbing your finger down the side. But unlike many silicone cases for the BlackBerry, the bottom of the keyboard is still easily accessible and not any more difficult than usual.
Of course, being a case it is designed for protection as well. In addition to being quite durable by itself, the case is a very nice shock absorber. The flexible design helps to dissipate damage across the surface of the material, preventing harmful cracks to your device. The whole face of the device is pretty exposed though, so a screen protector would be a good idea if you plan on throwing it in your pocket.
Conclusion: If you’re looking for an official BlackBerry case that is almost perfectly molded for your phone, this is a great choice. Usability for some of the side buttons could be improved though.
- Illustrate your Blackberry Bold device in fashion!
- High quality material for long-lasting and durability.
- Match your device with colors as you desire. Look no further.
- Rubberized exterior provides a sure grip.
- Blackberry RIM Original Accessory.
- Skin features easy-access openings.
- Protect your device from dropped or bumped.
- Open slots allows you to access all the controls and buttons.
- Plus, the keyboard and screen remain uncovered, so you can type and place calls as efficiently as ever.
- Helps to prevent your device from sliding on soft surfaces or angles surfaces.
- Available in different Colors for your taste.
- Material: Durable silicone skin.
- Color: Black.
- Manufactured by: BlackBerry.
- Manufacturer Part No: HDW-27288-001.